Wednesday, July 30, 2008

The "obsession" with food still continues *hmmmph*

I guess one of the things I got my head around when I chose to go down the Lap Band road was that my love affair with food must come to an abrupt halt. The sheer fact that to me food = joy, rather than food = fuel. I gave myself repeated stern talkings to in the lead up to surgery that obsessing about food was going to be (dammit!) a thing of the past....yet here am I am on Day 7 post-op and I can't see there ever being a time that food won't be my obsession. Bit peeved about that. Now it's not because I just can't stop dreaming about how heavenly a piece of turkish toast laden with butter & vegemite would taste right now but because you so have to stop and T H I N K about everything that passes your lips and even more so when it passes your lips - so all winds up a bit of a logistical headache to be perfectly frank.

Yes, one has to remember to cease drinking ½ hr before eating and not to recommence till an hour or so afterwards, that alone does my brain in. I had my baby girl in hospital last night and was trying the tempt her with some boiled rice and without even thinking popped some in my mouth as to show her it was yum. THEN I remembered my lacky band and crapped myself! Never bolted to a bin so quickly in my life and spat something out - my 4 year old cracked up laughing because it all must have looked so funny ~ Mama putting a tiny bite of rice in her mouth, then panicing, then bolting to spit it out. Cheeky madam! So yeah things like that happen and it kinda scares me a bit. I wonder if people ever 'forget' they've got a band and just Go for Gold without really realising....? Anyway that's just spooked me a bit because it made me realise that from here on in anything that passes my lips will have to be a thought out decision, and in my eyes that kinda sucks as that sure takes a fair bit of spontainaity outta life hey?


So I'm on Day 8 now and deseperately trying not to be a SW (scale whore. LOL) Gets a bit stupid when you get on the bloody things every morning, leaves nothing to look forward to next Monday morning I reckon. Do I feel any different? No, not really. Have I noticed a difference in my clothes? Nah, being a SAHM and living in trakkies it'll take a while for me to notice I reckon. ROFL Already had one comment that I'm looking slimmer and this is from a chum that knows nothing about the surgery - so at least I know the comment is kosher and not just to pump me up. ;-)


Best fly and do some housework. Have 1000 steps left to do of my quota today, loving my pedometer!


Dan x

No comments: